Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Challenge 2 Innovations: 1910 Corset Completed



The Challenge: Innovations
Fabric: lavender coutil
Pattern:  Reconstructing History 1910's Corset 2 out of 5 stars
Year: 1910
Notions: Purple Satin Ribbon, 1/4 inch steel boning, 1/4 white bias tape, 1/2 inch purple bias tape, vintage lace, 10 inch busk
How historically accurate is it? 85% ? 
Hours to complete: I have no idea, almost 2 seasons of Once Upon a Time and many many interruptions.
First worn: For photo shoot

Total Cost: Approx. $50 including the coutil and boning. I bought everything for this at the beginning of 2012 so it doesn't seem fair to say that it was from my stash even though my materials did sit for almost 2 yrs.


Back view.  I only used 5 yards of lacing, I'm going to re-lace with a longer piece before I officially wear this. My husband took the pictures, I think he missed the concept that the picture is about the corset, not about me. There are a lot of projects coming up where he can learn though...



Princess Megan does not approve of Mommy getting pictures taken while not holding her.


No comments:

Post a Comment