Saturday, January 4, 2014

1930's Flour Sack Dress Complete

Front View
The Challenge: #1 Make Do & Mend
Fabric: Vintage Cotton Flour Sack
Pattern: Advance 4660
Year: 1930's
Notions: 6 vintage buttons from my grandmother's button Jar, vintage lace, and one snap.
How historically accurate is it? I would say pretty close to 100%
Hours to complete: 4-5 give or take with the help of a one year old
First worn: For photo shoot
Total cost: $21.20 to my shame, I bought the pattern and the fabric. My future challenges are going to be made from my stash as much as possible.
This project was a lot of fun and a great start for 2014 even though I technically completed in 2013. The pattern was easy to follow and I love how there are so many details that make it a very nicely put together little dress. 
Oh and when I said Megan is my sewing nemesis but that at least she doesn't eat my patterns like my cat used to, well I spoke to soon...
 Checking out the new dress

 More sitting

 Side View

Back View



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is SO cute! It's lovely to see a vintage sack being used for the purpose intended, rather than just kept as fabric. Your daughter looks lovely in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I had a lot of fun with researching as well as making it.

      Delete