Tuesday, January 14, 2014

1910 Corset Mock Up Fixes

During my last fitting I pinned the trouble areas. Then I adjusted the pieces accordingly. 

Huge difference in the side. I can not imagine how this would even work, at least not as an underbust.

I ended up pinching the side piece in by over 4 inches. 

I marked in a way to stay as true to the general shape as possible. I also marked on the plastic pattern just in case it didn't work so I Could try something different.

New side with fixes.

New back with fixes. After this I also added to the hips a bit to get a somewhat straighter line. But based on my original try on, I know my hips will squish into line a bit. 

Much Better!!! Although to be completely honest, I still don't like the pattern as well as I would like. It just feels as if it needs more moving parts. I'm definitely not an expert at corsetry, in fact they really intimidate the heck out of me but this pattern just doesn't impress me. 
Next step is the plunge into the actual fabric. I'm so hoping that it turns out nice. I must say my system for sewing as a mom is working out really well. I've been binge watching Once Upon a Time with my middle son while my little one plays. I have a lot of interruptions but I'm getting some bonding time at the same time. I'll have to do a post about my sewing area in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment