First I chose a pattern.
White Cotton Poplin from my LA trip which was .99 per yard for the shirt
Greenish Blue Cotton Velveteen from Ikea (it was curtains)
Goldish Brocade from Triad
The great thing is all of these fabric were already in my stash, so I did not have to buy any new fabric.
I decided on plain brass buttons for the coat and slightly different ones for the vest.
Several times during this process I had to be reminded that I was sewing for a 12 year old and that this is not "garb". He will grow out of it entirely within a few months.
I started on the coat first:
Personally I think once Robert is done with it, witha few alterations I can turn this into a very nice riding habit...
The shrit was very easy to make and put together. For others considering this particular pattern, I would recommend making the neck opening a bit bigger. Poor Robert has to sqeeze in a bit.
As of now the outfit is complete except for buttons which I will be sewing on today while on the road to a wedding in the bay area.
I will post pics from Gaskells with the complete outfit asap.
The down side of all of this is that I have no idea what I will wear and will most likely end up in my regency gown. Sigh... Harliquinn Bustle gown for next year.