Monday, December 7, 2009

1860's Skirt Complete

This evening I finished the last few things on my skirt. My weekends have been pretty full so I tend to sew in little increments of time here and there. I am quite pleased with how it turned out.

And here is a close up of the ruffle and trim.

I was so happy I almost began madly ripping out the stitches in the bodice in order to recut the pieces. Then I was actually smart and remembered that I have not cut out my sleeves yet. So I am going to do mock up sleeves then the actual sleeves and only then if I still have fabric left will I recut my bodice. And if the fabric gods are kind to me and I still have some left then I can entertain ideas of a matching ballgown bodice.
*Gleefully rubs hands together*
2 weeks left to complete.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Pretty, pretty, pretty! I love the fabric! What is it? (did you post that already?). The day bodice looks good, though I can see why you might want to re-cut bits of it. I'd do an evening bodice before re-doing the day bodice. You might be able to get evening bodice pieces out of your first day bodice though...they are generally smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! It's a blend of some sort most likely with poly. When I bought it I didn't even know to ask, I just saw pretty fabric and bought. :) I agree with you on evening vs day bodice, spent time this morning after cutting the sleeves trying to figure out which way to go to get both bodices.

    ReplyDelete