Monday, September 28, 2009

Anton's hat...almost finished

Here is what the actual hat that I'm attempting to make looks like.


Here is my hat so far... The wool isn't staying as still as I would like, some starch will most likely help.

Top of the hat




Inside of the hat

As you can see, It needs to be lined and the bottom edge of the sheepskin turned up with the lining. I will then starch the heck out of it so it can be molded a bit more. I made this hat from scratch without a pattern so I'm fairly happy with it in general, however there is definately room for improvements. Also most of this had to be completely hand sewn so it took a bit longer than I had expected. It has been a good companion during the few television shows that I watch. Hopefully it measures up for Anton.















No comments:

Post a Comment