Monday, June 4, 2012

Irish Ionar Project

I've actually been working on a few projects however I managed to lose my second camera and the camera function on my phone stopped working. It was almost as if the universe conspired against my posting to my blog. I have been working on a really fun project though that I really wanted to post about so I used my new phone to take some less than perfect pictures. Hopefully my new and third camera will show up any day as well.
I have been working on a new 16th century Irish Ionar, based on several drawings and the Ionar that I made for Daniel 2 seasons ago.
Here is the Ionar I made for Daniel

A couple of drawings of Irish approx 16th Century.

I have already cut all of the pieces and have been working on the handwork for the main body, but here are some pics of the steps for some of the meat of the rest of the Ionar that I am working on

Nice clean sewing area

Ironing out the skirting prior to pleating.

Lovely knife pleats. Pleats used to scare the heck out of me, now I just love to pleat.

And with fringe basted on.

I also did the sleeves today but did not take pictures yet. With the skirting ready, once the body is done being embroidered I can easily attach the skirting then lining. More to come as I move forward and once I get my actual camera. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment