Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Completed 16th Century Stays

I really wanted to document the making of this, however moving and then losing my camera made that difficult. So, here it is. Silk outer and bias binding, Linen lining, canvas interlining, plastic boning, wooden busk.
These came together very well. I even hand sewed the eyelets. I wish I had gone ahead and followed the pattern for the tabs, because they are more far apart than I would like. But overall it was a good and useful experience.
I intend to make 18th century stays with the same fabrics, only the lighter as the body, and the trim and stomacher out of the darker.
Now that I have a work room and am mostly settled in the new house I can make more and post more.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I want to make a pair! What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern is the Simplicity 2621, I really wanted to play with a commercial pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete