Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fabric for the 16th Century Stays

I realized this weekend while I finished up on patterning the stays that I really did not have any decent linen for lining. I thought about lining them with silk but I just have a nasty feeling that they might be a bit slidy and besides, I really like linen for lining. So while I wait for my order of "ginger" colored linen to come in I figured I could at least show the wonderful fabric I am working with.

The fabric on the left is a lovely shot silk taffeta and I will use it for binding.

I will most likely have the pattern upside down from this.
So now I wait for the linen and then I cut into this lovely silk and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment