As I was working on the Ionar it seemed fate was working against me on my corset project. First none of my drawer of steel boning was the right length. So I decided to get some plastic boning. First store was out, second store only had 4 yards left. I ended up only having enough to bone one side. So here is a pic of how far I got.
I need to go out and get more boning and then bind it, I am going to use some brown velvet for the binding because I have it in my stash and I think the brown will look nice.
So now it is officially in my "In Progress" box.
I also ended up working late that night anyway and did not get to go to the Steampunk Ball. Which was frustrating, but the reality for weeknight events for me.
On another note I have a Renaissance Faire this upcoming weekend that I need to have something to wear to. So I have decided that this is a great reason to finish my Florentine Gown. It just needs sleeves, which are already cut out, the net or partlet, and if I have the time, a matching caul and new chemise. So I am hoping to finish the sleeves today.
Picture of the Dreaded "In Progress" box.