Monday, November 30, 2009

Productive weekend

Well this weekend I managed to stay busy but was still able to work on my new day gown. The skirt base is finished. And if I do run out of time it is pretty enough that I don't have to add a ruffle or trim.


In this picture it is just pinned to my dummy and not hemmed yet.
I had already cut and interlined my bodice pieces and so I began the darting and pinning together process. I epic failed at matching my stripes.


I wanted the nice blue stripe straight down the back. I am trying to decide if I want to recut the side pieces to match the back a bit better. That is the most likely scenario as of right now. 


Straight line in the back equals slanted lines in the front and not in a cool chevron sort of way either. The good news though is that it fits nicely over the corset and that although I may have developed an intense adversion to stripes I think I am over my bodice phobias.
I have time to mess around with it I would like to wear to Dicken's in a couple of weeks but no overshoadowing deadline and I am enjoying the process.

4 comments:

  1. SCHWAAAA! OMG it's beautiful! I can't wait to see this complete - when will you be at Dix? (19th-20th, I hope?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the plan! A group of us are hitting Dicken's then Gaskells. WE're going as American Tourists. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric. Where did you find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern is from Truly Victorian. They have a wonderful assortment of Victorian patterns ranging from 1850's through 1880's. it's a great site in general and their patterns are really easy to work with.

    ReplyDelete