Friday, December 13, 2013

Flour Sack Dress Fitting #1

Sewing with a 1 yr old helper is quite the adventure. I remember how frustrated I would be when my cat would choose my fabric as his latest bed, or decide to pull the pins out of my pin cushion, or roll in my pattern while chewing on it.... Well here is how helpful little Miss Megan is when it comes to my sewing.



Ooh... Trim... Hours of fun here if you can stay quiet long enough. Poor Mommy thinks I'm playing with my ponies....

Fittings for a toddler are also fun.


 Back view, quickly tied because she was crawling away.


Front view, obviously my phone camera is not fast enough to catch a good image without blurs when she is constantly in motion. Sorry about the cruddy background, we just moved into a new house and I'm working on unpacking and organizing my sewing area in general.


And off it comes...


We're done here..

So the dress fits better than I thought it would. It is a little big, but with babies that's okay because she can grow into it. 
I'll do a post with more of the process, then a photo shoot with the final dress. This is a fun little project to get the creative juices flowing again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment